The 17th International Sustainable Development Research Conference is being held at Columbia University on May 8-10, 2011.
The main topic of the conference is “Moving Toward a Sustainable Future: Opportunities and Challenges,” and one of the things I’m interested in seeing is if there are any researchers who will present work that is based more in biology than you would typically expect at a sustainable development conference.
I’m submitting an abstract soon for this conference, and I hope that it gets accepted because it would be great to bring a different perspective to this discussion. As of today, they have received 330 abstract submissions! I hope to present an analysis that will really open up new possibilities for future research!
Check out the website for more info on topics covered in the conference. They include:
- pressures on earth’s natural and socioeconomic systems,
- limits for future development,
- solutions to problems created by development,
- adequacy of governing structures to implement policy,
- and assessment of pilot programs.